Thursday 5 April 2012

I Heart MUA

For those of you that haven't heard of MUA, it's Superdrug's £1 make up brand. I've bought a few goodies from them before and have been amazed at the quality of the products for such a low price.

On a recent trip back to see The Parents (my local Superdrug doesn't stock it. Boo.) I picked up these little lovelies

There's been a lot of hype surrounding the MUA Love Hearts collection and unfortunately I think I picked up the few remaining products and as far as I know the collection is no longer available.


I got 2 nail polishes in the shades 'Love U 24/7' and 'U R Fab'.  Let's face it, any product that tells me I'm 'Fab' is going to get purchased!

I have to admit that I didn't really have high hopes for the formulation of these but I was prepared to cope with the chipping/peeling/general 'naff' feeling of them on account of the colours being so pretty. On application I was pleasantly surprised. They were both opaque after 2 coats and they seriously LAST.
Wearing 'Love U 24/7' with a coat of Miss Sporty Sparkle Touch over the top.
These polishes were a little more expensive (I think they were £2.50 each) but for the money I was very very impressed.

My final MUA purchase is one I just can't stop looking at...
Ooooooh.....
This is the MUA Professional Mosaic Blusher In English Rose. MUA Professional are slightly more expensive and this was £2.50, yeah I know, the word 'expensive' is applied loosely here. This is such a beautiful product consisting of a mosaic print of lighter peaches, pinks, pure shimmer, lilac, and rose coloured powders.  The pan is big enough to get a good 'swirl' going on with your brush and it looks a pretty, shimmery light rosy pink on the cheeks. OK so obviously the colour payoff is not going to be amazing but it's buildable and not chalky at all. Because of this it's really quite foolproof and great for anyone just starting out with make up or those that aren't too confident applying blusher. This gets at least a weekly use from me and although not my go-to blush (as I have quite a few) I do open it just to stare at it on a daily basis...simple pleasures and all.

You can find MUA products at Superdrug and if you haven't already I really recommend checking them out.

:-) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment