Tuesday 17 April 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I know, we've all read so many raves about this product but I haven't read many reviews about how this works for oilier skin types so I thought I'd wade in with my two cents worth!

Now Rimmel obviously knew they were on to a good thing as there was a sample of this glued inside every magazine you picked up for a good few months. Usually anything that claims to give me a 'Radiant Glow' I generally wouldn't get near with a barge pole. I'm a heavy duty, apply with a trowel, mattifying foundation kind of girl really. What attracted me to this however was the 'anti-fatigue effect'. If there is one thing I have in abundance, it's fatigue.

This really does what it says on the tin in that it perks my skin up a bit and makes me look like I've had a lot more sleep. I really like using it. The coverage I'd say is medium but it can be built up. I apply it with my fingers and that seems to be the best way I've found so far. Considering it's not really meant for my skin type it lasts pretty well I think. It does need to be powdered on my skin and I feel like I need to re-powder a bit more than usual throughout the day but I'll put up with that for the lovely awake, radiant look it gives the skin. There's one drawback and that's the 'sparkle issue'. Daytime you really don't notice it but under artificial light...


This photo was taken by literally putting the flash straight against the bottle. I tried a swatch on my hand to see how 'glitterball' it actually goes when using the flash.


All in all it's really not that bad. You can make out a bit of shimmer but I think it appears much scarier in the bottle to how it looks on the skin. For night time I like to mix this with a bit of Revlon Colourstay to dilute the glitter a bit and give it more staying power. 

On another note, I am aware that this foundation is not a colour match for my hand. One day in the sun attempting to ski has left my face a very different shade to the rest of me. Fake tan is being deployed...

:-) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment