Friday 6 April 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

OK so I wrote this post a few weeks ago and have been stalling to put it up as it isn't exactly a rave review...actually, it's quite the opposite.  Can I just say that normally I'm a big fan of Maybelline cosmetics, this just really didn't float my boat I'm afraid.  Anyway, on with the post.

Now I’m usually a fan of a fuller coverage when it comes to foundation so you can imagine my surprise when I found this in my Boots carrier bag.  I’m at a bit of a loss to explain how it came to be there.  Having spent quite some time thinking about this, I’ve come to the following conclusions:

  1. My skin had been better than usual and I maybe thought that light coverage would now work for me.
  2. Summer is on the way, and who needs heavy foundation in summer right?
  3. It was a mousse. I fell for the gimmick.
  4. I walked into Boots and blacked out.

Now lets face it, as a lover of Revlon Colourstay, I was never going to like this product.  The thing is, even if I was more of a ‘barely there’ kind of girl, I’d still not be loving this.  I wouldn’t call this light coverage; I’d call it zero coverage.  The other problem with this is the amount of product it dispenses, because it’s a mousse (think what you put on your hair) it’s not very easy to control the amount that comes out with each pump.  This means that half of what does come out ends up wasted.  Not economical at all.  If your skin is so good that you can get away with this kind of foundation then here’s my advice: spend the extra 2 minutes in bed in the morning and skip foundation altogether.  Also, I’m jealous of you. There are so many amazing lighter coverage foundations/ tinted moisturisers/ BB creams on the market for the same money. I just think that this product is all gimmick and does absolutely nothing for the skin.

Sorry for the kind of negative review, as always with foundation I’m sure this works wonders for some (maybe), but just not for me.

:-) xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment