Saturday 14 April 2012

New MAC Lipstick Favourites

Creme Cup                 Please Me

I purchased these around 3 weeks ago but what with going on holiday and spending the rest of my time propped up in front of my laptop trying to get this bloody Uni work finished, I haven't really switched up my make up to try them. In a moment of extreme procrastination the other day I decided to give them both a try. Well now I'm in love: they've definitely been my most reached for lipsticks over the past week.

Starting with Creme Cup
I really wish I could pull off a true nude lip, unfortunately I either end up looking like a walking, talking corpse, or a reject from TOWIE. This is about as nude as it gets for me. It's a very light pretty nude pink which looks lovely on the lips. Even better than that, I actually look like a living, breathing being when I wear it. I find that always helps. The formula, being a cremesheen, is sheer but build-able and not drying on the lip at all. The only problem is that I've heard this formula tends to melt in the heat. I MUST remember to keep this out of my handbag when the sun (eventually) comes out.

Please Me
I think this is going to be a firm summer favourite. This applies as a lovely rosy, almost peachy toned pink. It is much brighter than creme cup and looks really good on sunny days. I think this would make a really good shade if you're a bit scared of the bright lip but are getting a bit bored with the light pink/nude colours. It is quite drying on the lips being a Matte formula. I tend to use a balm before I apply this.

Swatches?
Top: Please Me, Bottom: Creme Cup
Well I now feel pretty glad that I abandoned any type of productive essay writing/revision in the pursuit of the perfect lip.

Anyway, better get back to it...

:-) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment