Wednesday 28 December 2011

Tag? My 6 Most Repurchased Products

I vaguely remember this being a tag a few years ago but I'm not absolutely sure where I saw it.  The idea is to list the 6 products you would/have repurchased as soon as they run out.  For me this was surprisingly difficult!  I don't really like to stick to the same thing and I'm always on the lookout for something that works better.  These are literally the only beauty products/cosmetics I own that I would always go back to...I'm getting all sentimental now...on with the post!

1. OPI Nail Envy


I have dry, flaky, very thin nails.  It's not pretty.  This literally works wonders on them.  I put 2 coats on as a base under polish and one as a top coat.  After that I apply a thin coat every day for a week (unless I change my nail polish, in which case I repeat the process).  The effects really are amazing, my nails are so much stronger and don't chip or flake at all. At £18 this stuff is a bit pricey but I wouldn't be without it as it has massively improved the condition of my nails.

2. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions 3 Step


I have a whole separate post on this so I'm not going to go on!

3. Revlon Colorstay Foundation


This is so perfect for my skin type.  This is a full coverage foundation but compared to other long wearing drugstore foundations it doesn't look anywhere near as 'caked on'.  I love the fact that it is designed for oily skin (they make a normal to dry one too) and it really does do what it says on the tin: it stays put!  I really would recommend this to anyone with oily, spot prone skin.  I'm planning a bit of a foray into Chanel foundations this year but there will always be a bottle of this in my make up bag (I'm already on my 5th!)

4. L'oreal Sublime Bronze Tanning Mist


I've used them all: St Tropez, St Moriz, Fake Bake, Xen Tan etc. etc. etc.  This is the most foolproof tan I have ever used.  There's no rubbing it in, no trying to blend around the wrists, elbows etc.  Just spray it on, let it dry and you will have a natural, totally un-orange, tan.  I must say a can doesn't last very long so it does require a fair few repurchases. Also be a bit careful with your carpets! Best to cover the floor with an old towel before use!

5. Too Faced lipstick in Free Love


I love the formulation of this as it's really moisturising. I also love the colour, a beautiful light dusky pink. And lastly I love the packaging. Full marks then!

6. Chanel Chance EDP

Apologies for the stock photo, I left mine at my uni house by mistake :-(
I'm rubbish at describing scents.  The best I can tell you is that it smells 'really nice'.  I  found this description on the Boots website:


'An unpredictable balance that continually surprises. A constellation of scents, warmed up by Absolute of Vanilla, where Absolute of Exotic Jasmine and Iris are more pronounced. A mysterious alchemy accentuated by the intensity of the White Musk note.'

Hopefully this makes sense to someone! I just think it's 'really nice'! If it's a night out or a special occasion this is what I will be wearing without fail.

Well that's it. My 6 most repurchased and most loved products.

What are yours?

:-) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment