Wednesday 21 December 2011

Latest In Beauty: The £1 Beauty Box


The box didn't arrive ripped: I had to take off my address and then got a bit over excited trying to get into it!


Before the likes of Glossybox, Boudoir Prive etc there was the little box by Latest in Beauty.  The whole thing works a lot differently to the aforementioned boxes.  For a start, the samples are much, much smaller (think of the free stuff you'd get in a magazine).  Secondly, the box only costs £1!  What you do is log in and choose 3 products from the lists you're given.  You then send a text to the company (this is how you pay the pound, it will be added to your phone bill at the end of the month), enter the code they give you and Bob's your uncle!  The box is shipped in a few days (it's usually pretty fast).

I've been receiving these for a couple of years now.  There's no monthly subscription and you can order your box as and when you want it, providing you only order one a month.  Sometimes I'll go on the website and not find anything I fancy so won't bother that month.  Also, anything you can get free at the department store counter is not really worth paying to try.

Anyway, this month I found 3 products I fancied trying, so here they are...


I've heard some good things about the Moa 'Green Balm' and really wanted to give it a try.  It came in a teeny tiny little pot but a little goes a long way so it'll last a while.  I have to say this is my favorite product from the box and will definitely be looking into getting the full size.

The only problem I have is that the site isn't the easiest to navigate and some of the products seem a bit old fashioned.  Also, it's not all that easy to find out the prices of the full size products which is blimmin annoying to be honest.

Despite all that, it's definitely a company to try if you're into the whole beauty box idea but don't want to be to spending £12.95 a month. If you want to have a look, click here

xxx

p.s. Once again, I haven't been sponsored for this post and I paid the whole £1 for the box myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment