Sunday 18 December 2011

December Glossybox Goodies: A Couple of Reviews

Since my Glossybox arrived a few days ago, I've had a bit of a chance to play with the products.  So here are my thoughts...

The first thing I did on receiving my box was to slap on (I literally mean 'slap on' as you will see) the Deborah Lippmann 'Razzle Dazzle' nail varnish...


Please excuse the extreme lack of skill exhibited here!
First let me say that the colour of this is absolutely beautiful.  It's perfect for Christmas as it is just festive enough but still sophisticated (not that I'm adverse to pillar box sparkly red at this time of year).  In some lights it looks red, red and in others (like above) it is a beautiful plummy colour.

All great so far right?  My problem?  This stuff retails at £16....SIXTEEN WHOLE POUNDS!  For that i would have expected the formula to be top notch: quick drying, easy to apply, no chips etc...sod it, for that price, I'd expect the brush to literally jump out of the pot and apply itself to my nails whilst I sleep.  Alas, no.  I found that it took ages to dry and after an hour it was still a bit tacky.  If this was say a Barry M product it would be fine but from such a high end brand I would expect so much more.

All in all I do like the product and will enjoy wearing it over Christmas although if I had spent my own money on a full size, I'd have been a bit disappointed.

Anyhoo, on to a product I honestly only have good things to say about...



I was lucky enough to get the Blink + Go eyeshadow and blush palette in 02.  Sorry it looks a bit dusty, I have been playing with it a lot since I got it.  This really is such good quality and the colours are all very wearable.

Also, I managed to get my camera to photograph swatches semi-decently:

Without flash


With flash
As you can see these are all shimmery and super pigmented.  My faves are the first four and I've worn them on my eyes every day since getting them.

And the blushes?

Without flash

With flash
These are bright, bright, bright!  The best advice is to use sparingly and apply lightly with a fluffy brush to avoid looking a bit 'aunt sally' (if you weren't born in the UK before the 90s you may not get the reference).

In summary, I love the Blink + Go palette and am a bit meh about the Deborah Lippmann polish.  That's why I love Glossybox, I now know what I would and (would not) buy if I had a spare £16 knocking about :-)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment