Saturday 12 May 2012

A Little Topshop Make Up Haul


I've heard so many good things about Topshop make up but unfortunately, since I live in the middle of nowhere my Topshop is too small to stock it (I feel like I say something along those lines rather often...maybe it's time to move...).


Anyway on a recent visit back to civilisation I picked up these lovelies! I think for me, the standout products were the lipsticks.


I'm loving both of these right now but my favourite is definitely 'Whimsical'. It's kind of a nude, pastel, coral shade that looks really pretty on the lips. I don't know of a colour that's even similar to this and they're both comparable in quality to the MAC lipsticks. Add to this the fact that the packaging is beautiful and I now want them all!

Next I bought the cream blush in 'Head over Heels'


Now the colour I love. It's very similar to the lipstick in Whimsical and is a beautiful corally peach.

The formula on the other hand is just not for me. I've resigned myself to needing a powder blush as cream has no staying power on my skin. It does look beautiful and I'll be wearing it on days when I'm not going to be out for long. I've heard these can be used on the lips too so this may be my solution.

Some swatches:

Top: Blush in Head Over Heels, Middle: Lips in Whimsical, Bottom: Lips in Brighton Rock

My final purchase was a nail polish in Eclipse:


This is a gorgeous combination of gold, blue and green and looks different in every light. I literally cannot stop looking at my nails when I wear this (to the point where it's a bit distracting!) This is definitely one of my favourite things to wear on my nails right now.

Topshop make up gets a big thumbs up from me and now I want more of it! On second thoughts it's probably good that I live so far away from anywhere I can get hold of this stuff! Unfortunately for my bank balance, they stock it online here  

I think I'll be getting some more...

:-) xxx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blog and lovely post! I too am a fan of Topshop makeup- you should try the lipstick in Innocent, its a beautiful nude pink xx

    brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roisin :-)

      Might give that one a try next time. I saw it and managed to convince myself that I didn't need ANOTHER nude pink. I'm kind of regretting not getting it now though.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I love that polish colour you bought! It reminds me of flies. Not sure it that's a good thing though haha!

    Like your blog! :)
    Maybe you want to follow each other?

    xox
    http://petitesal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete