Saturday 4 January 2014

Real Techniques Core Collection


After hearing so many good things about these brushes in the blogging universe I caved and had to purchase in Boots the other day. I bought the core collection (mainly after hearing such good things about the Buffing brush) and I absolutely love all of them.


As I'm sure you'll all know, they're the creation of Samantha Chapman (one half of Pixiwoo) so they were always going to be very good quality.

First up, the buffing brush:
This is amazingly soft and dense enough to use when applying liquid foundation. I'm using it to apply my Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Make Up (which I'm currently testing) and it blends it into the skin so so well. This is the standout brush in the collection for me and, like most other reviewers, I think it's worth buying the collection for this alone.

My second favourite is the contour brush:
This is only small but I've really been enjoying using this for blusher. Again, super soft and really easy for blending.

The pointed foundation brush:
To be honest this is FAR too small for use as a foundation brush. I would either need a teeny tiny face or about 3 spare hours! Luckily this does a pretty good job of blending concealer so still gets used daily.

The detailer brush:
Now this really is tiny. I wasn't sure what to use it for initially but it works well for blending underneath the eyes and for inner corner highlight.

They also come with a carry case that can also be used as a stand which is pretty handy for me as I spend so much time travelling between Uni and The Parents'. I think these brushes are a great investment and at £21.99, they're excellent value for money. They can be found in Boots, both online and in bigger stores.

I'm already eyeing up my next Real Techniques purchase...

:-) xxx

3 comments:

  1. i was eyeing this up in boots the other day! think im going to just go for it! i think 21.99 for 4 brushes is really good considering how much one is! great post :)

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shoba! For the quality I think they're really good value. I just want them all now! x

      Delete
  2. I love the Real Techniques brushes.. but I only have the eyeshadow ones :)

    ReplyDelete